In the evening of 29th March, 2016, at the Hanoi opera House, Vietnam Union of Science and Technology Associations (VUSTA) in collaboration with Ministry of Science and Technology, Vietnam general Confederation of Labour and Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union organised the Closing and Awarded Ceremony of 13th National Technology Innovation Contest (2014-2015). Attended at the ceremony were Prof. Nguyen Thien Nhan - member of Politburo, Chairman of Vietnam Fatherland Front Central Committee, Prof. Dang Vu Minh – Chairman of VUSTA cum Chairman of VIFOTEC Fund as well as representatives of others relevant Ministry, branchs, local Union of Science and Technology Associations and award-winning teams and authors.
The 13th Vietnam Technology Innovation Contest has received 550 solutions from 52/63 provinces involed in 6 fields: IT, electronics, telecommunications; mechanical and automation engineering, construction, transportation; materials, chemicals, energy; Agriculture-Forestry-Fisheries and environment; medicine and pharmacy; education, training and others field.
Based on the grading result of the Board of Examniners, the Organizing Committee awarded to 90 winning – solutions, among these wining awards are 6 first prizes, 12 second prizes, 24 third prizes and 48 consolation prizes.
At the Ceremony, the Prime Minister awarded Certificate of Merit for first Prize winners,
In this Contest, Thua Thien Hue province has 07 awarded solutions, including 01 First prize, 01 second prize, 01 third prize and 4 consolation prizes:
1. Solution “Endoscopic surgical technique through the natural holes (anus and vagina) in treatment of colorectal cancer of Associate Professor Pham Nhu Hiep and his associates – Hue Centre Hospital (First prize)
2. Solution: "Study the resistance of Helicobacter Pylori for Clarithromycin and Levofloxacin by E-test method and disk diffusion by Phan Trung Nam - Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy (Second Prize).
3. Solution: “Baiting and monitoring propagules of pathogen causing Phytophlora foot rot of black pepper in soil” by Nguyen Vinh Truong – Hue University of Agriculture and Forestry (Third prize).
4. Solution: “ Research the intracranial pressure in intensive care and propose solutions to reduce mortality in patients with serve traumatic brain injury treated at Hue central Hospital by Nguyen Viet Quang – Hue Central Hospital (Consolation Prize)
5. Solution: “ Building forming knowledge table model about multiplication tables in primary math by Phan Huu Tung – Thuy Phu No 1 Primary School, Huong Thuy Town (Consolation Prize).
6. Solution: " research on applying Devcon Ceramic coating technology to enhance the performance and extend the life of pump" by Truong Cong
7. Solution: “System of planting vegetable on hanging garden by Nguyen Van Quy - Hue University of Agriculture and Forestry (Consolation Prize).
This is the first time Thua Thien Hue has a high amount of high awarded projects at the National Contest. It shows that the pervasion of innovation activities in the provine becomes more and more extensive, attracts the participation of a large number of staffs, officials, scientists, businessmans, students, farmers,… Many projects have high practical using value, reduce labor and increase prodictivity; bring high economic-social value.