43 projects received awards in the 9th Young Creators Competition 2016 (May 26, 2016)In the evening of May 25, at Quoc Hoc High School, Hue, the Union of Science and Technology Associations (HUSTA), Department of Education and Training, Department of Science and Technology and the Provincial Ho Chi Minh Youth Union co-organized the Closing and award ceremony of the 9th Young Creators Competition 2016. Mr. Bui Thanh Ha, Standing Deputy Secretary of the Provincial Party’s Committee participated in the event.
Almost one year after its announcement, the 9th Young Creators Competition 2016 of Thua Thien Hue province received 125 competing projects in 05 categories, in which: computer software (11 projects), studying equipment (20 projects), environmental friendly products (30 projects), environmental protection and economic development (30 projects), household appliances and toys (34 projects). At the competition, all 9 participating districts, district-level towns and city co-implemented many activities from establishing Organizing committee, promotion, organizing closing and award ceremony, short-listing projects for provincial level competition; this year’s event received the most projects so far (at least 47% more than 2015’s event); quality of the projects were noticeably higher; many teams showed great dedication to their projects, their presentations and models were well done; Many projects showed great pioneership, creativity and practicality.
At the closing and award ceremony, 43 awards were given, including: 05 first prizes, 09 second prizes, 09 third prizes and 20 consolation prizes. The five projects that received first prize this year were:
1. Solar battery with solar tracker using equatorial celestial coordinate system by the group of authors Dang Hoang San, Tran Huu Nhat Huy, Huynh Tang Tuan, Dang Van Hung from Quoc Hoc Gifted High-school;
2. Smart glove for the visually impaired by Le Ngo Duy Phong from Phu Bai High-school, Huong Thuy district-level town;
3. Wind-powered in-house air conditioner by group of authors Phan Nguye Van Khoa, Nguyen Huu Quoc Huy from Nguyen Van Troi High-school, Hue city
4. Voice-controlled house monitoring system by group of authors Hoang Duc Tan, Truong Dinh Phu from An Luong Dong High-school, Phu Loc district;
5. Smart board wiper by Cao Kha Tien from Tam Giang High-school, Phong Dien district.
During this event, the Organizing Committee also announced the 10th Young Creators Competition of Thua Thien Hue province 2017, which called for participation from organizing agencies and youth in the province with the aim to making the Competition become the most dynamic and quality scientific competition for youths in the province and the ultimate objective to building Thua Thien Hue province into one of the country’s centers for science and technology.
Following are photos from the closing and award ceremony
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Tran Huu Dang, President of the Union of Science and Technology Associations, Head of the Organizing Committee of the Competition giving speech at the closing and award ceremony.
Mr. Bui Thanh Ha, Standing Deputy Secretary of Thua Thien Hue provincial Party Committee and Mr. Nguyen Van Me, former Deputy Secretary of Thua Thien Hue provincial Party Committee giving First prize to qualified authors.
- Issued organizational plan of The VIII Science and Technology Innovation Awards, 2016 (07/07/2016)
- The South East Asia Breast Cancer Symposium (June 27, 2016) (05/07/2016)
- Thua Thien Hue: 07 technology solutions awarded at The 13th National Technical Innovation Contest (30/03/2016) (06/04/2016)
- Inauguration of Vietnam’s most advanced Oncology Center in Hue (January 20, 2016) (24/03/2016)
- International Balloon Festival during Hue Festival 2016 (March 09, 2016) (24/03/2016)