The first international South East Asia Breast Cancer Symposium was held in Hue city from June 25-26, with the participation of Prof. Ophira Ginsburg – World Health Organization, Mr. Nguyen Dung – Vice Chairman of the Provincial People’s Committee and 200 participants, in which there were 50 world leading professors, doctors, specialists and researchers from World Health Organization (WHO), leading medical universities, research institutes and hospitals from 16 countries: USA, UK, Canada, Sweden, Finland, India, Hongkong, Singapore, Malaysia, Myanmar, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam etc.
Over 100 scientific reports were presented at the symposium, in which several were up-to-date, such as Early cancer test using genetic methods, accurate drugs for breast cancer and personalized treatment for patients; new techniques for breast reconstruction; Lessons learned for breast operations, announcement of new studies in radiotherapy during operation, etc.
At the symposium, the South East Asia Breast Cancer Control Program by WHO was introduced and other countries shared their experience in breast cancer diagnosis and treatment; international experts discussed, shared experience and consulted about physical and mental preparation for patients before, during and after treatment. Previously on June 24, a continuous medical training on breast cancer was conducted as part of the symposium with the participation of doctors from Hue Central Hospital and other national and regional hospitals.
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nguyen Dinh Tung, President of Breast Cancer Society of Thua Thien Hue said that valuable information and experience shared at the symposium were of great importance not only for daily clinical practice but it also allowed cancer patients in Vietnam to experience new knowledge in cancer diagnosis and control.
- Issued organizational plan of The VIII Science and Technology Innovation Awards, 2016 (07/07/2016)
- 43 projects received awards in the 9th Young Creators Competition 2016 (May 26, 2016) (05/07/2016)
- Thua Thien Hue: 07 technology solutions awarded at The 13th National Technical Innovation Contest (30/03/2016) (06/04/2016)
- Inauguration of Vietnam’s most advanced Oncology Center in Hue (January 20, 2016) (24/03/2016)
- International Balloon Festival during Hue Festival 2016 (March 09, 2016) (24/03/2016)